2019 TYLA Fall Recreational Lacrosse League
Welcome to TYLA spring lacrosse! Based on current registration levels, we will have 3 divisions for the 2019 season:
This is for our players in prekindergarten and kindergarten (Ages 4 & 5). Sessions of this division will be held each Sunday (excluding the weekend of Columbus Day) at 11 am. Players will rotate through 4-6 skill based stations finishing with short-sided games. The clinic division sessions are expected to last roughly 1 hour , and parents are expected to remain at the field as this is not a drop-off event at this age group. No equipment is required as it is entirely provided by the league.
This is for players in grades 1 & 2 who will be placed onto individual teams of 5-6 players. Once per week, all teams will practice in a skill-based session on Wednesday evenings from 5:30 – 6:30 pm. On Sunday afternoons at 12 pm, games will be held. While no contact is allowed in these games, due to the potential for inadvertent contact, players are required to utilize a protective mouthguard.
The senior division will run in the exact same manner as the Junior Division for players in 3rd and 4th grade.
Wednesdays Jr/Sr Practice Nights
9/11; 9/18; 9/25; 10/2; 10/16; 10/23
Sundays Clinic Sessions 11 – 12 pm
Rec Games 12 – 1 pm
9/15; 9/22; 9/29; 10/6; 10/20; 10/27
The games in the Junior & Senior Division will follow these rules:
- Four quarters of 10 minutes, running time
- 4 on 4 with no goalie
- Horn blown at 5 minutes for substitutions
- 1 Attacker, 2 Middies, and 1 Defender
- Initial possession determined by coin flip
- After a goal, the defending team takes the ball from their goal line
- Balls passed out of bounds will cause a change in possession
- Balls shot out of bounds will be awarded to the team with a player closest to the ball when it leaves the field
- Possession will alternate at the start of each quarter, at substitutions, and on whistles due to loose ball scrums
- No contact between players
- Players are allowed to check their opponents’ stick head only. Any contact with the player will result in a warning. Multiple or significant contact may result in a forced substitution at the discretion of the official.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org